- posted in Uncategorized
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation has announced a new Healthy Active Communities (HAC) Physical Activity Equipment Grant cycle. These equipment-only grants are one-time (up to $5,000), one-year grants focusing on projects that result in increased physical activity.
In partnership with the North Carolina PTA (NCPTA), and to advance the NCPTA Just ASK! Health Program, the BCBSNC Foundation’s 2013 Physical Activity Equipment Grants focus on North Carolina public schools (K-12) in 23 counties. The 23 counties include:
*Eligible schools in Buncombe, Guilford, Orange, and Pitt counties must have a free and reduced lunch percentage of at least 60% of students.
Key Dates for 2013 Physical Activity Equipment Grant Cycle
- September 3: Grant opens, all materials available online
- September 6: Webinar at Noon – “Grant Cycle Overview and How to Apply”
- October 7: Grant proposals due by 5:00 p.m.
- Week of November 11: Grant selection announced
- November 18: New Grantee Webinar at Noon – “Grantee Communications, Results, and Reporting”
Please familiarize yourself with the Healthy Active Communities Focus Area description and then complete the Equipment Proposal for Physical Activity Equipment Grants, due October 7, 2013.
Learn more about the HAC Equipment Grant cycle and application process.