2016 NCPTA Annual Convention &
Male Engagement Conference
Registration is closed. Limited on-site registration available.
- Conference Rules
- Male Engagement Conference
- Frequently Asked Questions, Accommodations and General Info
- Exhibitor Information
Carr has won more than 90 local, state and national awards for communications excellence. In 2008, she was accepted into the College of Fellows of the Public Relations Society of America, an honor bestowed only on the nation’s leading public relations professionals. She has served on several boards, including the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Communities in Schools, Charlotte Emergency Housing and Crisis Assistance Ministry. Read more.
NCPTA is excited that Debra Strauss will be joining us in Greensboro serving as the National PTA Representative for our convention. Debra will present workshops on Building Leaders for the Future and Retaining Todays’ PTA Members. She will also give the keynote address on Saturday afternoon. Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with Debra during our convention!
Friday, May 20
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Workshop Session I
- Engaging Your Advocacy Committee & Updates from the 2016 General Assembly Short Session
- The PTA Officer’s Survival Guide
- Engaging Males in School PTAs and PTSAs (Male Engagement Track)
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Workshop Session II
- Grants: What Every PTA Should Know
- Building Leaders for the Future: Recruiting, Developing, Retaining
- From Boys to Men – Raising future Male Role Models (Male Engagement Track)
4:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Male Engagement Coaches Corner
“Everyone On” Dance
Featuring a Live DJ, Food and Fellowship! Sponsored by Everyone On.
Saturday, May 21
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Male Engagement Table Talks
9:00 a.m. – 10: 15 a.m.
Workshop Session III
- Membership—Retaining Today’s PTA Members –Debra Strauss
- Financial Success – developing a budget and paying for programs
- Social Media – Where are all the parents? How do you reach them?
- Male Engagement Panel Discussion (Male Engagement Track)
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
General Session I and Leadership Group Session
- Report of the President
- Report of the Treasurer
- Speaker: To be announced
11:30 a.m.– 11:45 a.m.
Guilford County Meeting/Counsel Leader Challenge
11:45 – 1:30 p.m.
Vendor Expo and Boxed Lunch
1:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Workshop Session IV
- PTA Programs & Tools You Can Use
- Leading Your PTA – Bylaws, Good Standing, Conflict Resolution
- Treasurer’s Corner
- Successful Male Involvement Groups in Schools (Male Engagement Track)
3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
General Session II – Awards Celebration and Closing Session
Keynote: Debra Strauss, National PTA Vice President of Membership
Agenda is subject to change. Last modified on 5/5/2016.
Greensboro area hotels with availability for May 20 & May 21 as of April 15, 2016. Please book early due to limited availability. Other hotels may have availability.
Comfort Inn, Lanada Rd (off I-40/Wendover) – 336-297-1055
Hampton Inn, Nat’l Service Rd/Hwy 68 (off I-40) – 336-605-5500
Microtel Inn, Big Tree Way (off I-40/Wendover) – 336-547-7007
Holiday Inn Express, Big Tree Way (off I-40/Wendover)- 336-854-0090
Days Inn, Landmark Center Blvd (off I-40/Wendover) – 336-553-2763
Clarion Hotel, Swing Road (off I-40/Wendover)-336-299-7650
Holiday Inn Express, Burnt Poplar Rd (off I-40) – 336-668-0421
Extended Stay, Stanley Rd (off I-40/Wendover) – 336-547-0405
Extended Stay, Thorndike Rd (off I-40/Hwy 68) – 336-454-0080
Sleep Inn, Heartland Dr (off I-40/Hwy 66) – 336-993-6800
Holiday Inn Express, Off I-40/Hwy 66) – 336-564-3333