Distinguished Service Award
Recognize and thank that special person you know who goes above and beyond for all children with the NCPTA Distinguished Service Award – the highest honor the State PTA can bestow.
There are worthy people in every school and community. They may be:
- A PTA leader or member, past or present
- A school or school system administrator
- An outstanding teacher or support person
- A dedicated school volunteer
- A school crossing guard
- A local community leader who has become involved in programs which promote the well-being of children and youth
- A member of the media who champions programs/projects which benefit the children
- Other special advocates for children and youth
Any parent-teacher division, (local or council) or an individual PTA member may honor individuals in this special way. The recipient need not be a member of a PTA.
The presentation of a NCPTA Distinguished Service Award is a special occasion. It may be presented at any time during the year at a special program/event or PTA meeting or school board meeting or any other appropriate program.