2017 NCPTA Annual Convention &
Male Engagement Conference
“Together We Can”
May 19 – 20, 2017
North Carolina A&T University
View photos from last year’s convention to see what fun is in store this year!
Engaging and Informative Workshops
- Officer Success
- Advocacy Know How
- Male Engagement
- Youth Engagement
- Membership Growth
- Jim Accomondo, the President-Elect for National PTA
- Kay McSpadden, Columnist, Charlotte Observer
- John Kasey, Former Carolina Panther
- Kenneth Morton, D.B.A, Financial Services Professional & Entrepreneur
Join us for inspiring speakers, workshops, and fellowship. Download and share the Male Engagement Conference flyer!
Celebrate and Network
- Celebrate our Award recipients’ great work
- Network with other leaders across the state
- Visit with Exhibitors sharing useful resources
Friday, May 19
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Workshop Session I
- Advocating for Every Child
- Being the Best PTA Officer (Resources, where to find help)
- ENCOURAGEMENT – The Power of Presence: Worth the Risk! (Male Engagement Track)
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Workshop Session II
- Managing Conflict
- Financial Success – Developing a Budget and Paying for Programs
- EMPOWERMENT – A Leader’s Perspective (Male Engagement Track)
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Male Engagement Toolbox Session: Understanding the PTA
Saturday, May 20
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 10: 15 a.m.
Workshop Session III
- PTA Programs & Tools You Can Use
- Elected Officials Go to School Program
- Exploring MemberHub
- Taking Inventory – What is in Your Toolbox? (Male Engagement Track)
10:30 – 11:45 a.m.
General Session I and Leadership Group Session
- Keynote Address: Kay McSpadden, Columnist, Charlotte Observer
- Report of the President
- Report of the Treasurer
- MemberHub Presentation
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Vendor Expo and Boxed Lunch
1:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Workshop Session IV
- Building Today’s PTA: Recruiting Today’s Families
- Leading Your PTA – Bylaws, Good Standing, Process and Procedure
- Boosting Success: Family School Partnership
3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
General Session II – Awards Celebration and Closing Session
Keynote: Jim Accomando, National PTA President-Elect
Presentation of Awards
Agenda is subject to change. Last modified on 3/29/2017.