2017 NCPTA Annual Convention &
Male Engagement Conference
May 19 – 20, 2017
North Carolina A&T University
Engaging and Informative Workshops
- Officer Success
- Advocacy Know How
- Male Engagement
- Youth Engagement
- Membership Growth
- Jim Accomondo, the President-Elect for National PTA
- More will be confirmed soon
Celebrate and Network
- Celebrate our Award recipients’ great work
- Network with other leaders across the state
- Visit with Exhibitors sharing useful resources
Friday, May 19
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Workshop Session I
- Advocating for Every Child
- Being the Best PTA Officer (Resources, where to find help)
- ENCOURAGEMENT – The Power of Presence (Male Engagement Track)
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Workshop Session II
- Managing Conflict
- Financial Success – Developing a Budget and Paying for Programs
- EMPOWERMENT – A Leader’s Perpective (Male Engagement Track)
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Male Engagement Toolbox Session: Understanding the PTA
Dinner and Family Activities
Saturday, May 20
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 10: 15 a.m.
Workshop Session III
- PTA Programs & Tools You Can Use
- Elected Officials Go to School Program
- Exploring MemberHub
- Taking Inventory – What is in Your Toolbox? (Male Engagement Track)
10:30 – 11:45 a.m.
General Session I and Leadership Group Session
- Keynote Address: To be announced
- Report of the President
- Report of the Treasurer
- MemberHub Presentation
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Vendor Expo and Boxed Lunch
1:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Workshop Session IV
- Building Today’s PTA: Recruiting Today’s Families
- Leading Your PTA – Bylaws, Good Standing, Process and Procedure
- National PTA School of Excellence Program and Family-School Partnerships
3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
General Session II – Awards Celebration and Closing Session
Keynote: Jim Accomando, National PTA President Elect
Presentation of Awards
Agenda is subject to change. Last modified on 3/3/2017.