Keep your PTA Team on track with this helpful Officer Checklist.
Get Started – Jumpstart Your Year!
- Enter incoming PTA Officer information into the MemberHub by Sept. 1
- Review the Good Standing Requirements
- Submit your Financial Review Confirmation no later than Aug. 31
- Review the Uniform PTA Bylaws
- Plan your membership drive and celebrate PTA Membership Month in September
- Prepare budget to present at the first general membership meeting of the year
- Like our NCPTA Facebook Page to stay informed
Stay on Track
- Remit membership dues to the NCPTA Office by the 15th of each month
- Enter members into theMemberHub as they join
- Submit your PTA’s 990 annual tax-filing with the IRS and confirm filing date in the MemberHub by Nov. 15
- Stay updated with NCPTA monthly newsletters and the NCPTA Facebook Page
Map Your Success
- Review award opportunities and plan to win an award this year
- Participate in the Reflections Program
- Celebrate Parent Involvement Month in October
- Apply to become a National PTA School of Excellence
NCPTA Resources & Training
Plan your leadership budgets to include attending our annual events:
- May 2017 – NCPTA Parent Education Conference
- June 22 – 25, 2017 – National PTA Convention, Paris Las Vegas Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Your have many resources available to you as PTA leaders within the NCPTA network:
- Conferences and Trainings are offered throughout the year
- Volunteers on the NCPTA Board of Directors are located across the state.
- Tools, grant opportunities, and other news are posted at www.ncpta.org
- Our network of NCPTA leaders enables you to connect and exchange ideas.
- The NCPTA office team can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Your NCPTA Charter Seal
Your seal is included in the NCPTA Back to School Packet. It should be placed on your charter to let your school community know you are an active PTA. You should have a prominent place in your school to display your NCPTA charter.
When making your plans for the year, be sure to keep our PTA mission and vision in mind with all you do. We appreciate your dedication to our work for kids and families. Please let us know if you need anything to help your PTA’s successful year!
NCPTA is North Carolina’s oldest and largest volunteer organization advocating for the education, health, safety, and success of all children and youth while building strong families and communities.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
Prior to the last general membership meeting each fiscal year, the nominating committee shall prepare a slate of nominees for officers of the local PTA for the coming year, and the president shall include that slate in the notice for the last general membership meeting. Review the Uniform Bylaws for additional details about nominations and elections.
Make sure your officers and members are entered into the NCPTA database, or they may miss out on important announcements and opportunities. If you are an outgoing officer, please let the incoming officers know to update their information and contact the NCPTA office for assistance.