For more than 90 years, PTAs across North Carolina have maintained a common interest of improving the school experience for North Carolina’s children through joint parent-teacher initiatives.
National PTA encourages year-round parent involvement and provides resources, including toolkits, for planning specific activities and engaging more families.
NCPTA has been nationally recognized for parent involvement initiatives. Volunteers and NCPTA staff work with local PTAs to assist with various national, statewide and regional initiatives, including:
NCPTA Parent Involvement Goals
- Help Parents Stay Engaged
- Build Teacher-Parent Relationships
- Give Families Tools for Enrichment
- Focus on the Whole Child
North Carolina PTA is uniquely positioned as the largest parent-teacher volunteer organization in our state working to help children reach their potential. PTA school activities across our state impact more than 685,000 children and their families.
NCPTA convenes thousands of parents, caregivers and teachers each year for a variety of networking and parent engagement learning opportunities, including:
- Parent Education Conferences
- Regional Parent-Teacher Trainings
- Community-Based Family Enrichment
- Emerging Leaders Programs
- Local Nonprofit Learning Workshops
- Webinars for Educators and Families
- Professional Development for Educators
Valuable, targeted community and local assistance is available and frequently customized to meet the needs of specific school communities. Contact us with your specific parent engagement interests.