Viewing posts from: March 2013

National PTA Introduces Healthy Fundraiser – Fire Up Your Feet

Fire Up Your Feet

National PTA is partnering with Safe Routes to School National Partnership and Kaiser Permanente for Fire Up Your Feet, a new physical activity fundraising program that encourages families to walk more to and from school—and in daily life—while keeping track of their steps, and raising money for their PTA or school.

As Family Engagement Partner, National PTA believes that Fire Up Your Feet provides a great new opportunity for families to get active and spend more quality time together, all while helping out their PTAs and schools.

Here’s how it works:

  • PTAs register for Fire Up Your Feet online and recruit families to participate.
  • Participants build a family fundraising page and recruit sponsors (i.e., friends, family) via an online donation form.
  • Parents and children walk together, share valuable conversation and learning experiences, while building positive behaviors and a love for physical activity.
  • Families track their walks with user-friendly online tools and, if desired, raise money for their PTAs. For those who opt to fundraise, 75% of the raised funds go directly to their local PTA to support healthy initiatives, while the other 25% goes toward national efforts to support more safe routes to schools.
  • PTAs celebrate success! The funds raised can help support other healthy lifestyle initiatives.

Upcoming Webinars to Prepare for Fire Up Your Feet
National PTA and Safe Routes to School are offering two interactive, online training sessions for PTA members to learn more about this new initiative and ask questions.

  • Tuesday, March 19, 2013; 1 – 2 p.m. EDT (Register)
  • Wednesday, March 20, 2013; 7 – 8 p.m. EDT (Register)Active Schools

Press Release:
Fire Up Your Feet Launches Nationally to Encourage Healthy, Active Schools

Learn more.