Spring Membership Incentive – $2,000 to Winners
NCPTA is excited to announce the Spring Membership Incentive for Local PTA Units. We challenge PTAs to continue to grow your membership, and the PTA with the highest percentage increase in membership can win a trip to the National PTA Convention in Columbus, Ohio! Here are the details:
First place: Local unit with the largest percentage increase in paid membership over 12/31/18 between 1/18/19 and 3/31/19 wins $1,200 toward attendance at National PTA Convention
Second place: Local unit with the second largest percentage increase in paid membership over 12/31/18 between 1/18/19 and 3/31/19 wins $800 towards attendance at National PTA Convention
Note the following rules:
- Units with no paid members per NCPTA on 12/31/18 are NOT eligible
- NCPTA office will register the local units for National PTA Convention, so the registration funds will be deducted from the monetary award remitted to the winning local units
- Winning units will be required to send in a report about Convention attendance with receipts no later than July 30, 2019
- Paid memberships included in the winning units’ percentage will not be refunded to the local unit following the incentive end date of 3/31/19
Good luck! We can’t wait to see who will be joining us in Ohio!
General Membership Recruitment Tips
Start early …finish strong.
Recruiting members to help you advocate for students and staff should start as early as your first opportunity of contact and should be ongoing throughout the year.
Consider your resources and opportunities.
Using your resources wisely generally helps you to reach parents, students and staff and engage them in becoming a part of the PTA.
How to reach members?
Be where they are. Make use of social media, be present at planned school and PTA events, send emails, fliers, use signage, and be vocal. These are just a few ways to reach your audience. This key is not to limit the ways to reach everyone.
Why join PTA ?
Know why it is important for people become members of your PTA and be able to share with them how the PTA has impacted the educational experience at your school and in your community. It always helps to have evidence of what the PTA has been successful at doing for the school.
Do not be afraid to ask!
If you are not afraid to ask you will be successful at growing the membership for your school. Most people are not members of the PTA because they simply have not been asked or given the needed information to why it is important to become apart of the largest and oldest advocacy association that supports children.
Here are five tips to recruit men…
- Use a sports theme and have a competition for most men members per class.
- Host Dads and Doughnuts and promote signups
- Be very specific in communication about the need for male involvement in PTA.
- Broadcast the stats of female vs male members and set an attainable percentage increase.
- Use the already active men to be ambassadors and solicit membership.
Links to past Sip ‘n Chats – conversations about membership
- November 15, 2018 – Video – Presentation
- October 15, 2018 – Video – Presentation
- June 5, 2018 – Video – Presentation
- April 5, 2018 – Video
- March 5, 2018 – Video – Presentation
- February 5, 2018 – Video – Presentation
- January 5, 2018 – Presentation
- December 5, 2017 – Video– Presentation
- November 5, 2017 – Video – Presentation
- October 5, 2017 – Video – Presentation