Tips to Grow Your PTA Membership
- Promote your back to school PTA meeting as “bring a friend night”
- Consider having a virtual option for PTA meetings or events
- Create a PTA FB page & prioritize social media engagement
- Reach out to former members and ask them to join again
- Create fun membership bundles to increase membership
- Offer member benefits with discounts from business sponsors
- Use our contests to help promote membership Include membership info regularly in your school newsletter
- Make sure to be at every event (if allowed) with a membership table
- Offer discounted event tickets or priority seating to PTA members
- Send information in different languages as needed Make sure your school community knows your membership goal
- Reach out to your Region Membership Chair for more ideas
Membership Campagin Resources
Starting a Membership Campign can be a great way to focus your membership growth this upcoming school year. Check out these great resources from National PTA to help you get started!
PTA For Your Child—is designed to engage and excite new members and existing members by making the work of the PTA more visible and highlighting the value and impact of PTA.
You Belong In PTA—You know the good work that your PTA does for your community every day—but talking about your accomplishments and inviting others to join you can be hard. Utilize this resource to help share the good work your PTA is doing!
Check out all the great resources on Membership Campaigns resources provided by National PTA here.