Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Just ASK! Healthy Schools Grant winners!
These grants provide PTA units or councils with small amounts of money to improve the health at their schools and to share their work with NCPTA and all of our units. The projects varied, and we look forward to featuring their successes and lessons learned starting this summer!
- Bain Elementary School, Mecklenburg County
- Berewick Elementary School, Mecklenburg County
- Elmhurst Elementary School, Pitt County
- Holly Tree Elementary School, New Hanover County
- Jones Dairy Elementary School, Wake County
- Lindley Elementary School, Guilford County
- Ligon Magnet Middle School, Wake County
- Rama Road Elementary School, Mecklenburg County
- Reedy Creek Elementary School, Wake County
- Thomasville Primary School, Davidson County
Upcoming Grant Cycle
The 2017-2018 Healthy Schools Grant Program will open October 26, 2017! These grants are up to $1000 for PTA units or councils in good standing and can be used to improve the school health policies or environments of your school or schools.
Dates to Know
October 26, 2017: Grant application opens
December 15, 2017: Grant application due
January 26, 2018: Grant winners notified
June 30, 2018: Final grant reports due
- PTA or council must be in good standing
- PTA or school must have completed a school health assessment
- Project or program must be able to be completed by the end of the the 2017-2018 school year