Reflections Arts Program
Encourage creativity and lifelong learning while offering recognition for artistic endeavors. The National PTA Reflections program is designed to enhance quality arts education for students in preschool through grade 12.
NCPTA Reflections Arts Program Life to Leaders Recording from September 19, 2022
Is your local or council participating in Reflections this year? Come to this LifeLine for Leaders to ask questions, get additional information, and learn more about how to make your Reflections program a success. Who should attend—Council Presidents (or a designee), Council Reflection Chairs, Local Unit Presidents (or a designee), Local Unit Reflection Chairs
2022-2023 Reflections “Show Your Voice”
"Show Your Voice" is the theme for the 2022-23 Reflections Art Program, which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. North Carolina PTA is proud to be apart of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
Click here to check out the 2021-2022 "I Will Change the World By..." winners!
Reflections Leaders Guide, Rules, and NCPTA Specific Guidelines
Note: Only PTAs in good standing may participate in the Reflections Program.
Local Leaders Guide
The Reflections Leaders Guide contains everything you need to know to successfully administer a Reflections Program at your school and/or council. Please take the time to read this important guide.
The Special Artists Division of the Reflections Arts Program offers modified rules and guidelines for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504. Learn more below in the Special Artists category.
All entries must be submitted in accordance with the guidelines and instructions provided by NCPTA. Please review the handbook, instructions and guidelines carefully and contact NCPTA if you have any questions.
Spanish Resources Note:
Please note there are several North Carolina specific requirements that are not required by the National PTA and therefore may not be on the Spanish forms/rules. Please be sure to give both the Spanish and English Rules translations to any of your students that request the Spanish forms to prevent disqualifications. The student entry form must be submitted in English. There are several questions on the second part of the form that all students must answer.
- Dance Choreography (Spanish)
- Film Production (Spanish)
- Literature (Spanish)
- Music Composition (Spanish)
- Photography (Spanish)
- Visual Arts (Spanish)
- Special Artists (Spanish)
- Required File Naming Convention
Submission & Participation Forms
Student Entry Form & Packet (fillable PDFs):
*Note: The fillable PDF function does not work in Firefox.
- Fillable Student Entry Packet (en español) - Includes general program guidelines as well as the abridged category and division specific guidelines in a PDF
- Student Entry Packet (en español) - Includes general program guidelines as well as the abridged category and division specific guidelines in a Word document
- Fillable Student Entry Form (en español) - Includes only the Student Entry Form in PDF
Participation Forms- * Required- To Be Completed by Reflections Chairs*
- Local Unit Participation Form: Local Unit Reflections Chairs- Download, complete and submit this form to the next level of judging.
- Council Participation Form: Council Reflections Chairs-Download complete and submit this form to the state level of judging.
Council Contacts and Entry Requirements
If you are a local PTA unit and there is an active PTA Council in your county, you must submit Reflections entries through the appropriate PTA Council. This Information Will Be Provided Soon.
Please Be Sure to Check Back Here If Your Are A Local Unit in a County Listed Below:
- Chapel Hill/Carrboro
- Durham Public Schools
- New Hanover
COMING SOON--COUNCIL CONTACTS AND DEADLINES CHART
Tips for Navigating Reflections In Person or Virtually
During the COVID-19 pandemic, National PTA and participating PTA units across the country learned new and successful ways to manage the Reflections program. Check out this In Person or At Home Reflections resource to find some of the most impactful tips and tricks discovered.
Diversity in the Arts
Diversity Arts Celebration Guide– use the steps in the Diversity Arts Celebration Guide to enhance your PTA’s efforts in celebrating diversity in the arts. By doing so, your PTA offers students positive reinforcement for participation in arts programs, while also fostering inclusivity for your entire community.
Diversity in the arts pledge– take the diversity in the arts pledge to highlight your PTA’s commitment to furthering diversity in the arts. PTAs can even customize this version (en español) to make the pledge specific to their community.
2022- 2023 Reflections Promotional Tools and Image Bank
Reflections At-Home Activities (en español)- Check out these at-home Reflections inspired activities. Share this one-pager out with your members and their families to help encourage families to create!
- General Reflection Flyer (en español)
- Fillable Call for Entries Poster – 8.5×11 (en español)
- Fillable Call for Entries Poster – 17×22 (en español)
- Fillable Call for Entries Poster – 11×17 (en español)
Social Media Theme Images
- Zoom Background
- Facebook Post Image (en español)
- Facebook Cover (en español)
- Instagram Post Image (en español)
- Twitter Post Image (en español)
Reflections Program Wrap Up
If you are in need of materials in Spanish, please contact the State office at [email protected].
2020-2021 NCPTA Reflections State Winners
I Matter Because…
NCPTA applauds students and PTA families across the state for participating in PTA Reflections, a national arts recognition program that encourages students to explore their talents and express themselves. First-place winners moved on to the National PTA competition. National winners will be announced in early May!
Click here for the full list of 2020-21 Reflections State-Level Winners
In case you missed it! NCPTA celebrated the State Reflections winners at the NCPTA Virtual Reflections Celebration on Saturday, April 24, 2021. Click here to watch the Virtual Reflections Celebration!
NCPTA has created a gallery of the 2020-2021 Reflections “I Matter Because…” state-level winners. Enjoy!
2020-2021 State Reflections Promotional Video!
Listen as Gabriel Irving, NCPTA’s 2019-20 National Interpretation Award Winner shares his experiences and encourages participation in the Reflections Program.
2019-2020 Reflections “Look Within”
- 2019-2020 State Reflections Winners
- 2019-2020 National PTA Reflections Winners
- 2019-2020 NCPTA Reflections Gallery of State Winners
- 2019-2020 State Reflection Winners of Theme Search Contest for theme tear 2021-22
- “Always follow your dream” Madelyne Telliga, Archer Lodge Middle PTA, Selma
- “Conquering Adversity” Makaila Jones, Leesville Road High School PTSA, Raleigh
- “Kindness is………..” Sophia DeBusk, Caleb’s Creek Elementary PTA, Kernersville
- “Once upon a time” Kalyan Arvind, Mills Park Elementary PTA, Cary
- “What Courage Means to Me” Lan Truong, Early College at Guilford PTSA, Greensboro
2018-2019 Reflections “Heroes Among Us”
- 2018-2019 State Reflections Winners
- 2018-2019 National PTA Reflections Winners
- 2018-2019 NCPTA Reflections Gallery of State Winners
2017-2018 Reflections “Within Reach”
2016-2017 Reflections “What Is Your Story?”
- 2016-2017 State Reflections Winners
- 2016-2017 National PTA Reflections Winners
- 2016-2017 NCPTA Reflections Gallery of State Winners
2015-2016 Reflections “Let Your Imagination Fly”
2014-2015 Reflections “The world would be a better place if…”
2013-2014 Reflections “Believe, Dream, Inspire”
2012-2013 Reflections “The Magic of a Moment…“
- 2012-2013 Reflections District Winners
- 2012-2013 Reflections State Winners
- 2012-2013 Reflections National Winners
2011-2012 Reflections “Diversity Means…”