Keep your PTA Team on track with this helpful Officer Checklist.
Get Started – Jumpstart Your Year!
- Enter incoming PTA Officer information into MemberHub by July 31.
- Review the Good Standing Requirements.
- Submit your Financial Review Confirmation in MemberHub no later than Aug. 31.
- Review the Uniform PTA Bylaws.
- Check out the NCPTA Online Back to School Kit
- Plan your membership drive and celebrate PTA Membership Month in September.
- Prepare your budget to present at the first general membership meeting of the year.
- Register for a Lifeline for Leaders Webinar
- Like our NCPTA Facebook Page to stay informed.
Stay on Track
- Make your life easier! Activate the online payment option in MemberHub and ask members to join online. When members join through your MemberHub store, they are automatically added to the members tab in MemberHub.
- If members pay you directly by cash or check:
- Manually enter these members into MemberHub.
- Whether members pay online in the MemberHub Store or pay you directly by cash or check, your PTA must submit membership dues to the State PTA Office by the 15th of each month. The State and National portion of dues are $4.00 per member. Dues can be paid two ways:
- Submit dues via an e-check through your State Payments in MemberHub, or,
- Send a PTA check to the State PTA Office. If you send a paper check, you MUST log the paper check in your State Payments in MemberHub. REMEMBER TO MAIL THE CHECK.
- Submit your PTA’s 990 annual tax-filing with the IRS and confirm filing date in MemberHub by Nov. 15.
Map Your Success
- Review award opportunities and plan to win an award this year
- Participate in the Reflections Program
- Celebrate Parent Involvement Month in October
- Apply to become a National PTA School of Excellence
NCPTA Resources & Training
Plan your leadership budgets to include attending our annual events:
- May 2021 – NCPTA Convention
- June 2021 – National PTA Convention
Your have many resources available to you as PTA leaders within the NCPTA network:
- Conferences and Trainings are offered throughout the year.
- Volunteers on the NCPTA Board of Directors are located across the state.
- Tools, grant opportunities, and other news are posted at www.ncpta.org
- Our network of NCPTA leaders enables you to connect and exchange ideas.
- The NCPTA office team can be reached via email at [email protected].
When making your plans for the year, be sure to keep our PTA mission and vision in mind with all you do. We appreciate your dedication to our work for kids and families. Please let us know if you need anything to help your PTA’s successful year!
NCPTA is North Carolina’s oldest and largest volunteer organization advocating for the education, health, safety, and success of all children and youth while building strong families and communities.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
Prior to the last general membership meeting each fiscal year, the nominating committee shall prepare a slate of nominees for officers of the local PTA for the coming year, and the president shall include that slate in the notice for the last general membership meeting. Review the Uniform Bylaws for additional details about nominations and elections. Be sure to check out these additional resources:
Make sure your officers and members are entered into MemberHub, or they may miss out on important announcements and opportunities. If you are an outgoing officer, please update the incoming officers in MemberHub.