The North Carolina PTA is proud to announce that two NC students have been named as 2013 National PTA Youth Scholars.
- Meaghan Martin of Wake County
- She’Neka Williams of Guilford County.
Meaghan Martin and She’Neka Williams received scholarships to attend National PTAs Youth Leadership Summit in connection with the National PTA Annual Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This interactive leadership and advocacy training event will prepare youth leaders to mobilize their peers around specific issues, such as bullying in their school and community.
Eligible candidates for the PTA Youth Leadership Summit meet the following criteria.
- a rising high school sophomore or junior
- a student with solid leadership and communication skills
- a student willing to accept new challenges
- a role model for their school and community
- an energetic, authentic, engaging, and creative student
Learn more about the Youth Leadership Summit.