Reflections Submission Instructions for Councils and Local PTA’s without Active Councils.
Step 1: Start Early…
Do not wait until the last minute to submit entries. The deadline for Local PTA’s without an active PTA Council to submit first place entries to NCPTA is November 15th. The deadline for PTA Councils to submit first place entries is December 15th.
Be sure to register your PTA with the National PTA for Reflections this year. You can register here. All participating schools must register using this link for National PTA.
Step 2: Check Good Standing
Verify your PTA or Council is in good standing. You will not be allowed to register or submit Reflections Entries if your Council or PTA is not in good standing. Also, Councils may only submit Reflections Entries for PTAs in Good Standing.
Step 3: Preparation of Reflections Art Files and Forms
Start early and organize files ahead of time!
- Fill out Council Participation Form or Local Participation Form prior to submission.
- Verify all Student Entry Forms are complete. You will need to enter a complete Student Entry Form for each Reflection Entry.
- Convert all Reflections Art files to the proper format and save them to your computer.
- Dance: AVI or MP4 file smaller than 200 MB. Video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Film: AVI or MP4 file smaller than 200 MB. Video must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Literature: PDF file smaller than 3MB. Entries must be a PDF file or a Word file saved as a PDF file. Do not take a photograph of the literature entry.
- Music: MP3 and file size smaller than 200 MB. Piece must not exceed 5 minutes in length. Scores are required for middle and high school divisions. Score must be a PDF file. Do not take a photograph of the score.
- Photography: JPG, JPEG, or PNG file smaller than 3 MB.
- Visual Arts: JPG, JPEG, or PNG files smaller than 3 MB.
- 3D entries must submit 3 files from varying angles
Double-check the file names of the student entries. Refer to Required Naming Convention for Reflections Entries.
Step 4: Register and Enter Reflections Chair Information
- The reflections chair, or person responsible for submitting your Reflections winning entries should click here to access the NCPTA Reflections Chair Registration Form. Please use the Google Chrome web browser for the best experience.
- Important Notes:
- This form is for the Reflections Chair responsible for submitting the Reflections entries and forms on behalf of their students in the NCPTA Reflections program.
- You will need to register with a Google/Gmail address. If you do not have a Google/Gmail account, you can create one here.
- Once you register, you will use your google email address and NCPTA Reflections Case-Sensitive Passcode to submit your Reflections entries and forms. *The system will only allow for one registered Reflections Chair user per Council/PTA.
Step 5: Enter Student Entry Forms and Upload Reflections Art Files
- Once you complete Step 4 above, you will receive an email with a link to the NCPTA Arts Reflections Participation Form.
- Complete all the required fields and submit the first place entries for each category that your Reflections program participated in.
- Be sure to following the naming conventions and acceptable formats
Deadline to submit entries to the NCPTA Reflections Submission Website is Wednesday, November 15, 2023 for local units without an active Council and December 15, 2023 for Councils. No changes or modifications can occur after November 15th for local units or December 15th for Councils. All elements of the entry form must be completed and submitted on time, if any pieces are missing, the submission will be disqualified.
Helpful File Preparation Resources
- Combine multiple PDF files into one PDF file: http://www.pdfmerge.com/
- Reduce the size of a PDF file that is too large: http://createpdf.neevia.com/pdfcompress/
- File conversion: http://www.zamzar.com/
If you have any questions, contact the NCPTA Office.